Thursday, January 11, 2018

Lazy homemaking days

_MG_0136

Oh Texas, when are you going to pick a season and stick with it?

I don't even know what to think anymore, we have gone from a high of 71 yesterday to super windy this morning and 30 degrees.  That's a 40 degree difference from one day to the next, like what??

_MG_0174

I've been spending a lot of time indoors.  Some people love being out and about but I've always been a homebody, much happier in my house, surrounded by my things and my family and puttering around.  I don't get bored, I don't get frustrated, I just enjoy being where I am.



_MG_0175

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy homemaking day.  I got some chores done around here but I didn't rush, I didn't set time limits or even think about what else needed to be done.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there are days that I am on one chore and already moving on to the next, or doing 3 or 4 things at once.  Honestly have no clue why I do that, but it just happens some days and I have to stop and force myself to stick with the one at hand before continuing to the rest.

_MG_0176

So yesterday I did a different approach, I tackled one thing at a time, no rushing, just moving about slowly and purposefully.  I cleaned, I dusted, I did laundry, I lit candles and turned on scentsy warmers.

_MG_0177

I got a loaf of bread going in my new pan, which by the way, I LOVE.  I am hoping to find a few more like this.

_MG_0180

And I also started getting my menu plan for the next two weeks, going.  I've been feeling a little sick of the same ol' same ol' meals, so I pulled out my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks and have been browsing those and jotting down some meals that caught my eye.

I have to finish the menu planning today, as well as the grocery list so that I can go grocery shopping either tomorrow or this weekend some time.

Also finished Part 6 of my Elements CAL.  I am so in love with this color combo, however I am on my last cake so need to try and get more at Walmart, and I'm hoping they have it because I had grabbed the last 4 two weeks ago.  If not, I might have to order it online.

Elements CAL - Part 6

Such a gorgeous design.  If you're interested in joining along, you can find the pattern download files at Hooks and Yarn, or follow along in the Facebook Group too.

I've been watching Versailles Season 1 on Netflix, and am hoping to finish it by this weekend and move on to Season 2.  I have so many I want to watch and not enough hours in the day, thought I do most of my watching while I'm busy with other things, whether cooking, laundry, dusting, crocheting etc.  It's very rare to see me just sitting watching a show, matter of fact, I don't think I can do it, I need to be busy with my hands at all times.

Pulled out my old Rotisserie, which I haven't used in many years, and made one of the best roast chickens, ever.  My family loved it so much and have requested for me to make it again.

Rotisserie Chicken

Now doesn't that look amazing?  My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

Also, I am very excited about something I got at Amazon today.  I know you'll probably read this and laugh because it's nothing to be excited about and pretty much everyone I know, has one.  No I'm not talking about Alexa, though I would LOVE to have one.  Hey Amazon, if you ever want to work with me, I would love it *wink wink* hahah

No, but I received an Amazon gift card and so this morning I went ahead and got something I've been wanting for, well maybe 2 years now and just never got around to getting one.

I got myself the Amazon Fire Stick so that I can watch Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and whatever else I wish, on my bedroom TV.  It should be here tomorrow and I'll show you all when it does arrive, but yes, I'm very excited for that to arrive.

I apologize if this post seems all over the place, but I seem to just babble on and on and switch from subject to subject.  It really is as if we were sitting down to share a cup of coffee. :)

Just finished uploading my 2013 Blog to Book.  I'm slowly but surely getting there, so far I have every book from 2006 to 2013 done and uploaded and ready to buy.  I am now starting on 2014.  I find it extremely relaxing to do, I mean, it's a lot of work editing and copying and getting it formatted in Word and then uploaded, making the book and the cover and all that stuff.....but I get to reminisce and go down memory lane and it's just great, I'm loving it.

Here's the cover for the 2013, one of my absolute favorite photos of my boys.

I think that's pretty much all I wanted to chat about, hope I didn't bore you and if you've made it all the way to the end, thank you for sticking with me :)

I'm off to fold some laundry, do the dishes, and then hopefully finish my menu plan while I continue with Versailles.

Happy Thursday friends, hope you have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We took off on a motorcycle ride yesterday. I didn't do a thing around the house, ha ha! Hubby even took the day off work so we could take advantage of a warm day here. Today's projects will start back up again, including cleaning and baking. I completed all my recent crochet orders, so it's back to my personal projects now. Have a great weekend.

Sherry Jolly said...

We had an over 40-degree change in the weather the past 24 hours too! Ours was 55 down to 12!!! My bestie's flight from NH to come and visit me was canceled due to our weather. We are both so bummed.

I love that little candle cozy! I need one of those <3

Have a great week Sandra

Sherry