Friday, May 26, 2017

{I'm so tired.....}

It's been a really busy, on the go, day.

We were out the door at 10am and didn't return until almost 5pm.  But I loved every single minute that I was out with my husband and daughter.

The day started with a therapy appointment for Jasmine.  It was her last one and she was officially discharged by her therapist.  I can't even begin to tell you how proud of her we are, she's come so far from that first day we brought her into the therapist's office.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

AS a parent we have the idea that if anyone can fix our children's problems, it's us.  There's no one out there that can do it, no one out there knows them better.  So when faced with the reality that they're struggling, they're in trouble and it is completely out of our hands, it's so hard to hand over that control to someone else.  I mean, let's face it, I don't even like giving out control to God over smaller things (I know, it's a huge problem for me and a lesson I've been trying to learn for decades).  But that day, in that office, my daughter was completely broken, falling apart, a mere shadow of the bubbly happy child she'd always been, and I had to sit back and hand over the reigns, knowing that she would rather talk to a stranger than to her own mother.

What a tough pill to swallow, but looking back, it was the best and most unselfish thing I could have ever done for my child.  What a huge difference from a year ago :)

Anyway, she was officially discharged, the therapist is beyond thrilled with her progress and how far she's come and really proud of her too.  She crept right into her heart and she was teary eyed as she said goodbye to her.  I can't even begin to thank her enough for what she did for my child.  I'll forever be grateful.

After we left the therapy appointment, we went straight to Midwestern State University to speak to Admissions.  Jasmine is interested in attending the school, wants to do Fine Arts and Theatre and is all excited about the possibilities ahead of her.  We had a very good talk with the admissions person and got all the info we needed.  We are now beginning the application and registration process, gathering transcripts and starting out FAFSA applications and all that fun stuff.  I can't believe we are here, at this point already, especially since this past week I've been revisiting the year of 2006 in my blog and my girl was just 7 years old.  Time FLIES!!!

We then stopped by the mall, she wanted to pick up a gift for her dad for Father's day.  This is what she got, she actually saw it about two weeks ago and immediately wanted it for her dad.  How sweet is that?

May 26, 2007

I also have to show you what my husband got me.  I was shocked.  But he's been hearing me complain about the dark circles under my eyes and the wrinkles and how I can't find a good eye cream and so on.  He surprised me with these today.

This one below is actually for me and Jasmine.  Because of her anxiety she is constantly messing with her fingernails and cuticles.  This will help with that.

May 26, 2007

And these are the ones for me.  I already tried them and was shocked at how well the serum worked, it was almost instantly and my wrinkles were gone.  I will have to do a post and review on these for you all and show you just how well it works.

May 26, 2007

May 26, 2007

We stopped at Cottonpatch Cafe for lunch. By far my absolute favorite restaurant. So good.

After lunch we had to run to the realtor office to sign our new lease, we now have a 2 year lease on this house, but with the option to buy at any time, which we are ecstatic about. We definitely want to try and buy it in about a year, just want to get rid of our credit card before that.

Made a quick stop at the UPS store to drop off Nick's school materials, and then our last stop was at Best Buy to try and find something that can access my external storage hard drive. The case itself where the cables hooked up to, stopped working and reading the USB connections. We were able to find something else, it's called a docking station that you can basically just pop your hard drive into and you can access it.

Problem is, for some reason, Windows 10 will NOT recognize it and won't automatically detect it or install the drivers. I spent about 2 hours working on it and can't seem to fix it, so I'm going to have to return this to Best Buy. I'm so frustrated because the storage drive holds ALL of my photographs dating back from 2003. I really do need to find a way to access it.

Anyway, I have to get going, Jasmine has decided that she wants a tattoo, and now that's 18, we really don't get a say. She has an appointment for 8:30 tonight and I have to drive her there.

I feel like so much is happening at once, so many changes with her lately, so I'm trying to take deep breaths and just go with it. Oh my friends, if you have little ones, hug them tighter, enjoy every single second because time just goes by so quickly and before you know it, you are where I am.

Have a wonderful Friday night, I'll be back tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

.wishing her lots of happiness..